Let’s talk about poop, baby. More specifically, let’s talk about my dog’s poop. You know what they say.* People never talk about sh*tting unless it’s about a dog or a baby. In my quest for being frugal, eco-conscious, and not gross, I wanted to see if I could find biodegradable bags for dog poop.
Are There Any Biodegradable Dog Poop Bags?
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on the link, we may get a commission at no cost to you. This helps us write more pawesome content!
Today, I’m going to review these dog poopy bags:
As you can see, they have a sassy attitude just like Joe Paw. And, ahem, they are Boston Terriers. That makes the cool factor +1,000,000. I really like the dogs on the bottom of the box, too, and you can see they are also on the bags themselves.
Hey, there is a line of Boston Terriers!
The DAD and I like to take Joe Paw on a walk in the evening. And we used to be cheapo and use plastic grocery bags as poopy scoopy bags. But the problem with plastic grocery bags is that they quality is crap. (Yeah, pun intended.)
And … true story here … the DAD would sometimes get brownies on his fingers. Because the grocery bags had holes in them. Yeah, that’s pretty gross. Remember, I said I was trying to be non-gross here. When you are walking around the neighborhood, there is no easy way to wipe off your fingers and NOT be totally skeeved out because you just put your fingers through a hole in the grocery bag without knowing it.
Enter these bags. I bought them because of the coolness factor, but no sh*t on the fingers is a good second. You get a ton of bags for like $13 (the last time I checked), and they come in a standard sized roll that I can put in his little fire hydrant bag dispenser thingy. (The fire hydrant would have been a lot funnier if Joe was a Dalmatian, but since he likes to pee on … everything … yeah.)
They have a little Boston Terrier sticker to hold the bags together in the roll. I like the sticker. (See picture, above, with the line of Boston Terriers.)
Weighing It Out
- They are made from products like cornstarch that are biodegradable.
- The company who makes these bags give money back to charities.
- They feature Boston Terriers on the bags, so they are uber cool.
- They are green, like, eco-green. Get it?
- They are made of recycled material, too.
- They don’t smell. But, the brownies inside do. No miracles, there. But, they minimize the smell as much as dogly possible.
- The sticker is cool.
- Did I mention that they have Boston Terriers on the bag?
- Because you are going to put these doggy bags into the trash (and not the backyard), then they are only compostable as far as the container they are in. I know they say they are biodegradable and all, but I’m not sure if I will be burying them underneath Mr. Zucchini.
Worth it. Biodegradable dog poop bags are so cool. If poop could be called cool. (It’s more like body-temperature warm.)
No more brownies = very cool.
According to the Amazon description, you can also use the bags to scoop out your cat litter too. I never thought to do that. Then again, the DAD changes the litter box. (He also poopy scoops the backyard of all of Joe’s brownies.) Do you sense a theme here? The DAD is in charge of poop. Lest you think I don’t contribute to this poop thing at all, I am in charge of buying poop bags. And, of course, I take the photos.
By the way, Joe wasn’t too happy putting the roll of poop bags in his mouth. But, since he’s an awesome Insta-doggy, he did it. Don’t ask how I lucked out with such a good dog. Remember to snuggle your puppy today.
* To date, I have no idea who “they” are. Maybe the internet fairies.